Monday, October 15, 2012

Facebook...Your Second Life?

Kids now a days, including myself, believe that multitasking is possible and that we always do it. When multitasking, what is usually the first thing in our list to open? Facebook. Yes, admit it. We say that entertainment and studying go hand by hand. But I can state, due to personal experience that this is not true. There is time to have fun, but there is also time to study and work, and one needs to be able to focus entirely to one thing. I have noticed that my best assessments are those ones I dedicate my attention and time completely to, without letting Facebook or the TV disconcentrate me. 
Recent studies have also showed that Facebook somewhat controls a person's mind and doesn't let them focus. Scientists studied 219 students, and those who studied for their final exams with Facebook on got 20% less score than those who focused merely on their studies. 



Not only is Facebook distracting for the mind, but it also eats it little by little. Once you create your Facebook account you are exposed to the whole world, and almost everyone can see your posts or pictures. Not only that, but you can also access all of your friend's information and chat with them. Facebook is now considered as a second life for people, since it is like having a real life just that online. Isn't it scary how one webpage can control the world?

1 comment:

  1. Facebook...Your Second Life? In my point of view I really connect to everything you are discussing, I think that it is a important topic and not only you and me can connect with this but millions of kids and adults.

    ReplyDelete